Our core values, around which we act, reflect and make our decisions together, are:
- Christ-centered. Our faith in Jesus Christ, including our desire to follow his example and teachings as described in the Bible, is the central foundation on which we define servant leadership and base our values and life together.
- Community. We value a connected and inter-dependent life, where each person’s gifts and role are needed and contribute to the whole, and where we are accountable to and responsible for each other.
- Safety. We value hospitality, grace, acceptance, authenticity, and understanding in our relationships with each other.
- Love. We see people as precious and valuable, so much so, that we share our lives with them.
- Service. We strive to show our love by serving those in front of us, listening to them and seeking our mutual growth and healing. We believe we each have the capacity to serve according to our unique purpose, story, gifts, and brokenness.
Based on our core values, the members of Shepherd’s Home make decisions together within a structure that includes a Leadership Team (which includes the SEC-required Board of Trustees) and an Oversight Board.